Click Here to Register
In order to complete the application, you must know your SIN number and be able to verify your registration via text or email.
Need help registering for WorkBC employment services?
Please follow the registration instructions below for our 3-step application/registration process. After completion of the online application, someone from our office will contact you within 1 business day to schedule an appointment with a Case Manager.
Step 1 – Register for a BCeID
- Visit https://apply.workbc.ca/orientation/selectstream
- Choose ‘WorkBC Employment Services – I would like to work with an Employment Counsellor to help me find a job.
- On the next page, in the drop-down menu, select ‘Langford’, then click ‘Search. Scroll down to select which office you would like to register with and choose from locations Langford or Sooke.
- Select the office of your choice by clicking ‘Continue with the Centre’.
- On the next page, click ‘Start’ at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page, read through the Terms and Conditions, click in the box to confirm you have read and understood, and then click ‘Continue’.
- On the next page you will be asked if you have a BCeID.
Please note: If you have received Income Assistance previously through the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction, and have used the online My Self-Serve portal, you will already have a BCeID and must use the same one for this application. We can also look up your BCeID for you.
- If you are not sure if you have a BCeID, click on ‘Not Sure’ and it can be determined if you have one or not.
- If you don’t have a BCeID, you will need to complete the registration for a Basic BCeID.
- You will receive an email or text confirming your registration for a BCeID.
Step 2 – Register for OES
- Once your registration for a BCeID is complete, click the ‘Continue to Online Employment Service – Production’ to register for OES. During this step you will indicate your preferred method of contact with us – email or text. If you indicate Email, you will receive an email confirmation. Simply open and close the email. If you indicate Text, you will need to input the confirmation number that is texted to you before you can continue.
- >Fill in the required information. You will only need to fill in the fields with a red * next to it.
- Once your registration for OES is complete, click on ‘Log Out and Continue’.
- Click on Return to Home Page.
- Sign into ‘Yes, I have an OES Account’ wit the BCeID and password that you have just set up.
- A message will appear that you need to verify your email or text. This can be verified later, however, it is important to do so when you can. Please click ‘Continue’.
Step 3 – Complete your Questionnaire
- Next, a log-in page will appear. At the bottom, click ‘Continue’.
- On the next page, you’ll see a blue colored page with a large circle on the left. Here you will complete a detailed questionnaire to begin the intake process.
***Please ensure that we do have an email or phone number where we can reach you.***
- If you receive a message stating that ‘your application will be processed in 5 minutes or longer’ please call our office at 250-478-9525 for further assistance.
- Click ‘Submit’ and log out.
- Within a few minutes you will receive a confirmation via phone or email. Click on the confirmation link and sign-in using your BCeID and password which you created in the first part of the registration process. Please be sure to confirm your account for us to complete the application process.
When you are finished with the registration process, you will be contacted by someone in our office within 1 business day. If you have not heard from anyone by the following day, please call 250-478-9525 to contact our front desk and confirm the application has in fact come through our portal